Death toll from cyclone in Sofala reaches 68 - AIM report
Three children, all from the same family, were burned to death on Thursday night in the Boquisso “B” neighbourhood, Maputo province, when a candle set fire to their house. The children, aged three, six and nine years, were sleeping in their informal home when the fire broke out.
The house was totally destroyed by the flames, which took hold quickly, fanned by the wind blowing at the time.
Neighbours were unable to extinguish the blaze before it had consumed the entire structure.
The National Public Safety Service (SENSAP), which released the information, did not provide details of the whereabouts of the parents of the children at the time of the fire, only that the children were asleep in one of the rooms, where a candle was burning.Source: Notícias
Natural resources management in Mozambique