Mozambique: Relatives of missing Renamo member consider abduction hypothesis
The boat left Maputo without authorisation and capsized in bad weather, Search and rescue operations resumed today. Photo Rádio Moçambique
A vessel carrying 10 people bound for Inhaca Island sank on Wednesday afternoon. So far, only three passengers have been rescued alive, Canalmoz reports.
“The boat left Maputo without authorisation and sank in bad weather,” Maputo Police spokesman Leonel Muchina told Canalmoz. “The fishermen were negligent in choosing to go to sea without authorisation.”
Contacted by Canalmoz, Kaphumo municipal district councillor Timosse Romeu confirmed the incident and said that the search for survivors was suspended yesterday due to lack of visibility. “We have little information about what happened, but I can guarantee that the search will continue on Thursday,” he said.
According to the authorities, the search and rescue mission is a joint action involving several maritime sectors. Canalmoz will air developments as they transpire.Source: Canalmoz
Bus burns down on EN4, Maputo