Mozambique: Former ambassador convicted of embezzlement
Photo: O País
The passage of Cyclone Idai through the city of Beira continues to wreak havoc. Yesterday, a house suffered damage following an accident involving a candle, there still being no electricity in many neighbourhoods.
A home in the neighbourhood of Ponta-Gea was partially consumed by fire along with other property and goods early on Monday night. A lighted candle used as a result of the lack of electricity following the passage of Cyclone Idai was suggested as the probable cause of the fire.
Thanks to the help of the neighbours and the prompt intervention of the firemen, the worst did not happen. By the time our reporting team left the scene, the fire had been extinguished.
By Francisco RaivaSource: O País
Mozambique may become one of the world's largest gold producers