Happy bud hour
Moz Slam 2nd Elimination
Moz Slam is a Battle of Poetry Slam which is a practice around the word, which has in its base several rules that involve the performance and original poetry of its participants, a time limited to 3 minutes for their presentations.
These performances are then judged by selected members of the audience or by a panel of judges consisting of five people, who scores each performance from 0 to 10, with the highest and lowest scores being excluded.
There are no appropriate styles or themes, there are several possible languages, which vary with the diversity of the participants that are part of this movement.
Moz Slam aims to attract, besides poets, spectators and writers who often have little intimacy with "traditional poetry."
The intention is that the events bring together young writers from different perspectives and styles poets, writers, musicians, rappers, journalists, students, etc., in recitals that will have the active participation of the public, choosing the best performance and text presented.
28 de Abril | 26 de Maio | 23 de Junho | 28 de Julho | 25 de Agosto
Address: Centro Cultural Brasil Moçambique
In each elimination 2 slammers will be classified, so that they can gather to the total 12 slammers that will go to the Finale taking place on October 20th 2018 at Centro Cultural Franco Moçambicano
Besides symbolic prizes, the winner will represent Mozambique at the Speaking Poetry World held in Paris-France
- Poems can be of any subject or theme and in any style. Each poet has to present original poems of their own doing
- The use of visual aids and fantasies is not allowed. The rule of visual aids is intended to keep the focus on words (and performance) and not objects
- Generally, poets are allowed to use the environment and artifacts it offers - microphones, microphone stand, stage, chairs and tables as long as they are available to all other competitors
- It is not allowed to use musical instruments, pre-recorded music
- Poets can quote words and letters from other authors' works
- The repetition of poems is not allowed. Each poem can be used only once during the qualifiers and once in the grand finale
- The minimum age for participation is for persons who are 18 years of age or who will be 18 by April 2019
Registrations start from 15h00 to 17h00 on the day of the elimination
Date and Time: Saturday, April 28 2018 from 14h00 to 19h00
Entrance: 50 MZN per person or 100 MZN for three people
Address: Centro Cultural Brasil Moçambique, Av. 25 de Setembro no. 1728, Maputo