New interim mayor of Nampula also sacks councillors
Lusa (File photo)
Mozambican Interior Minister Jaime Basílio Monteiro met the Portuguese president and prime minister in Lisbon yesterday and told them “investigations by the Mozambican authorities are continuing” in order to establish the facts behind the disappearance of a Portuguese citizen.
Minister Monteiro met Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa and António Costa separately “as the personal envoy of President [of Mozambique] Filipe Nyusi”, a statement issued by the Portuguese Ministry of Foreign Affairs yesterday says.
According to the statement, the Mozambican interior minister “reported that investigations by the Mozambican authorities are continuing into the situation of the Portuguese citizen who went missing in Mozambique in mid-2016”.
The case concerns a Portuguese businessman kidnapped at the end of July last year in Gorongosa, Mozambique, according to the February 19 edition of the Público newspaper.Source: Lusa
Mozambique falls on corruption index - AIM report