Six people killed in central Mozambique sinking
File photo / Almor Oliveira
[Swaziland’s] local media is abuzz with a confession made by kidnap suspect that Portuguese businessman Almor Oliveira was taken by a gang to Mozambique.One of the three Asian suspects Qing Ming He gave a team of investigators in the presence of his lawyer Mduduzi Mabila on the weekend names of three Chinese nationals who he said were part of the mafia and had taken Oliveira to Mozambique.
“It has been revealed that Ming He was with the three Chinese nationals at the Happy Valley Hotel the night before Oliveira was kidnapped” a local publication said.
Information given to the police by Ming He is that one of the Chinese nationals left for Mozambique while the other two went to South Africa.
Ming He said he believed that Oliveira left with the man who went to Mozambique after they failed to get money from him.
“I am afraid of the mafia and I know them and what they do to people who sell the out. There are no guarantees of my safety here and that of my family in China where my child is,” he was quoted as having said during the interrogation that reportedly lasted for three hours.
Oliveira was kidnapped by a gang on April 16, 2017 and since then no fruitful information about his whereabouts has been brought forward.
A week after his arrest the police arrested three suspects of Asian origin, a male and two females namely; Qing Ming He, Dao Thanta Hue and Zheng Renmel.Source: APA News