Quelimane needs US$59 million to rehabilitate bridges
A fire at the Mavuco market in Nampula devoured about ten stallson Tuesday.
Witnesses quoted by Jornal Notícias said a chip pan caught fire when the employee in charge left the makeshift kitchen to talk to friends.
According to Jornal Notícias, the flames quickly spread to nearby stalls, which were destroyed despite the intervention of the National Public Rescue Service.
In the chaos caused by the fire, individuals posing as community volunteers made off with some of the appliances, furniture and utensils which had been hurriedly brought out of stalls threatened by the blaze.
This is the second fire at the funfair in less than a year. Stalls not affected by the fire continue to operate normally.Source: Folha de Maputo / TVM