João Donato was born in Maputo, Mozambique in 1953. His career in the ceramic arts began in 2002 in Brasilia, where he was mentored by the master ceramist CecySato.
In 2005, Donato moved to London with the aim of studying at City and Islington College under the tutelage of potter Daphne Carnegy. After completing the course, he remained in the British capital and worked as a ceramics technician at the University until 2011.
He currently lives in Maputo and has held exhibitions in Mozambique, United Kingdom, Sweden, Portugal and Brazil throughout his career.
• Bridge Friendship Association Mozambique Sweden - Copenhagen, 2010;
• Paula Cabral Gallery, with João de Azevedo (painting) and Pedro Soares (photography) - Lisbon, February 2011;
• Collective Homage to Malangatana - Fortress of Maputo, September 2012;
• 4 Dimensions, Visual Arts Exhibition of Maputo Art Center - Instituto Camões Gallery, CCP Maputo, December 2012;
• Acrylic Interrogations and Other Objects - Just Café, Maputo, 2012;
• 4 Unlikely Stories - Just Café, Maputo, April 2013;
Date and Time: Tuesday, June 13, at 18.30
Address: At Machamba Criativa, Centro Cultural Franco-Moçambicano, Av. Samora Machel n°:468 - Maputo